Thursday, October 26, 2006

Cerulean Sins

By Laurell K. Hamilton

Number 11 in the Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series.
I had never read any of the stories in this series before this one. I will never read another one. This novel is just one sex scene after another. I don't particularly enjoy reading the intimate details. One or two sex scenes per book is plenty for me. So mainly this book was just too much. The plot was complicated and the vampire politics boring. I found it peculiar that a woman who is always going on about her strong morals can jump in and out of the sack with all these guys. Also I think that whole "ardeur" business is a very weak excuse for making Anita have sex with whoever or whatever is handy. ("Ardeur" is an overwhelming sexual hunger that Anita has been cursed with.)

No comments: