Saturday, October 21, 2006

True Lies of a Drama Queen

By Lee Nichols

First off, just a small quibble. To me a drama queen is someone who over-dramatizes the little mishaps that plague us all. Like having a screaming hissy fit because you stepped in gum in the parking lot. So I really don't feel that Elle is a drama queen. I mean she gets videoed by a voyeur and she doesn't have a melt down about that or even a screaming temper tantrum at what is a legitimately dramatic event.
OK, other than that, this was a good story. Elle is a good, sweet, caring person who deserves the happy ending she gets. She may be a phony psychic but she treats her friends well, her lover well, her dog well; she even treats her shitty new neighbors well. Yes, she is obsessed with fashion and she isn't exactly ambitious, but at least she knows her own mind. I liked Elle and wouldn't mind having her as a friend myself. I did enjoy reading about her life.

Review from Dear Author:   http://dearauthor.com/book-reviews/overall-c-reviews/c-minus-reviews/true-lies-of-a-drama-queen-by-lee-nichols/.


No comments: