Friday, December 15, 2006

Full House

By Janet Evanovich

This story is a cross between a mystery novel and a romance.
Billie Pearce, a respectable mother in her thirties, decides to take polo lessons. The polo teacher, millionaire Nick Kaharchek, can tell right away that Billie can barely ride a horse, much less play polo on one. He feels sorry for her ineptitude after the lesson is over and helps her dismount in the stable. Nick's old girlfriend is there and makes it clear that she is still interested in Nick. After the old girlfriend leaves, Billie's horse steps on her foot and Nick has to take Billie to the hospital. That's the romance part.
The mystery part involves a young cousin of Nick's who likes to blow stuff up and a pest control guy who can't seem to control the pests in Billie's house.

This book was in the mystery section so I wasn't expecting it to be a romance novel. That is what I got, however, with a little mystery thrown in. I didn't really care for the novel. It was just too contrived.
I had read this book before but it made so little impression on me that I didn't realize it till I was about a third into it this time.

Review from Publishers Weekly:    https://www.publishersweekly.com/978-0-312-98327-7.


No comments: