Sunday, November 18, 2012

Con Ed

By Matthew Klein
Kip Largo is trying to keep out of trouble. After doing hard time for fraud, the one-time con man just wants to go straight.  But some cons are just to hard to resist and when doing the con means saving your son's life, well a man's got to do what a man's got to do.
So Kip proceeds with his con, in the hopes of preserving his son from the revenge of the Russian mob, and if things don't go exactly as planned, at least he and his son are getting to know each other a lot better.

I can't say I really enjoyed this book all that much. Like most of the books about cons that I have read, the mechanics of the con were hard to grasp. Although I did enjoy the brief explanations of various cons that the author gives at the beginning of the chapters.  Also, like other con man stories, I sort of lost track of who was conning who. And finally, I didn't care for the ending. I guess I would rate it a fair read. Might be more interesting for those who can keep track of the various twists and turns of the story.

No comments: