Friday, April 20, 2018

You'll Grow Out of It

By Jessi Klein

Jessi shares her life and talks about her transition from administrative assistant to comedy writer and stand-up performer. From miss to ma'am. From single girl to married woman. From never wanting children to desperate for a baby and willing to endure the torture of fertility treatments. From childless to new mom. From loser to Emmy award winner. But never from wolf to poodle. (Klein has a theory that girls are born either a wolf or a poodle. Poodles are effortlessly feminine. Wolves are not.)

This was an enjoyable book even though I came into it not knowing who Jessi Klein is. I thought the reviews of the book made it sound interesting and funny. It was interesting though not all that funny. Mildly amusing at most although I will admit I don't have an East Coast sense of humor. Nor do I have access to non-free TV so I was frequently looking up references to see what she was talking about and because of that I learned what a blouson top is.

No comments: