Sunday, January 30, 2022

Best. State. Ever.

 

By Dave Barry


Barry travels around his home state of Florida and reports on some of the more out-of-the-way attractions. 


As a fan of Dave Barry, this book is right up there as one of his funniest, which is saying a lot because he really is an amazing, funny wonderful writer. His books never disappoint. Here are a few of the jokes I encountered that made me laugh out loud: 


"The Fountain of Youth is purely mythical, like the Easter Bunny, or edible vegan food."


 

"As an aging Boomer . . . if they really are having wild sex up there [The Villages], I say more power to them. It's good for people our age to have sex. It upsets the children."


 

 . . ." I shot my brother Phil with it [BB gun] at a fairly close range and he did not die. In my defense, I had a good reason for shooting Phil; namely, I wanted to find out what happens if you shoot somebody with a BB gun. (Answer: He tells your mother,)"


It a fun book and almost makes me want to visit Florida. Almost.


Here is a review by Kirkus Reviews.



No comments: