Thursday, March 28, 2024

Stop Dressing Your Six-Year-Old Like a Skank : A Slightly Tarnished Southern Belle's Words of Wisdom

 

By Celia Rivenbark


A collection of humorous essays by the author who was a humor columnist for McClatchy-Tribune Information Services, according to my copy of the book which has a 2006 copyright. Whether she still works for them or not, I don't know.


The essays are divided into five parts: Kids, Celebrities, Vanity Flares, Huzzzbands, and Southern-Style Silliness. 


Generally I list the titles of the essays but in this collection all the essays have run-on titles and I'm too lazy and typing-impaired to bother. Here's one for example: The Butcher's Great, the Baker's Suffering: But How Is the Anti-Carb Frenzy Affecting the Candlestick Maker?

It would be a lot of work typing out 32 titles like that. 


This was a fun read. I found it much more entertaining than I did the first book of hers that I read, Bless Your Heart, Tramp. She has certainly gotten funnier with time. 


Here is a review by Publishers Weekly.


No comments: