Sunday, April 28, 2024

How I Got This Way

 

By Patrick F. McManus


Another collection of the author's funny short stories, including hilarious stories of his childhood, stories of his adult outdoor experiences (not as funny but still very enjoyable) and even some more serious and touching stories, including a rather melancholy one about a kingfisher. All in all a wonderful, funny and touching collection that I thoroughly enjoyed reading.

The stories:

  • How I Got This Way, Part I
  • Ethics, and What to Do About Them
  • Bambo
  • Get Ready
  • Toe
  • The Bandage
  • The Big Woods
  • Elk Magic
  • There She Blows
  • Brimstone
  • The Blue Dress
  • Warped Camshaft
  • The 400-Pound Pumpkin
  • Tenner-Shoe Blight
  • Letter from a Kingfisher
  • The Ultimate Bull
  • My Greatest Triumph
  • Another Boring Day
  • The Complete Curmudgeon
  • The Liars Club
  • A Couple Pickles Shy of a Full Barrel
  • Excuse Me, While I Get Out of the Way
  • The Two Masked Raiders
  • Mosquito Bay
  • My Hike with, ahem, the President
  • Ed in Camp
  • How I Got This Way, Part II

Here is a review from Publishers Weekly.


No comments: