Wednesday, August 31, 2016
AsapSCIENCE: Answers to the World's Weirdest Questions, Most Persistent Rumors & Unexplained Phenomena
Just like the title says, Moffit and Brown look at things that people sometimes wonder about their bodies.
The book has seven chapters:
1. Resolving Persistent Questions, Rumors, and Weird Phenomena: Does being cold make you sick? Are silent farts more deadly? Does shaving make your hair grow thicker? Etc.
2.Body Talk: Brain Farts. The science of bad breath. Why are men so hairy? Etc.
3. Hypotheticals: Just two sections, Could a zombie apocalypse happen? What if you stopped going outside?
4. Sensory Perception: Why do we get pins and needles? Why do we itch? Why does time feel faster as we age? Etc.
5. Hot Sex and Other Amorous Pursuits: The science of sexy. The science of heartbreak. The science of orgasms. Etc.
6. Getting to the Bottom of Bad Behavior: The science of swearing. The science of lying. The science of procrastination. The scientific hangover cure.
7. Dreaming, Waking, Napping, Sleeping: The scientific power of naps. The science of morning wood. What are eye boogers? And more.
Things are explained in clear, easy-to-understand language, using an engaging and often humorous style and accompanied by profuse, charming illustrations. An enjoyable and fairly short read for those who have inquiring minds.